Who Are We
An entertainment corporation, ROC Ventures manages a collection of brands in the sports, entertainment, and real estate sectors. Included at the top of this list is The Umbrella Bar. Featuring a tent-like umbrella structure with an open-air atmosphere and a spectacular 360-degree view of The Rock Sports Complex and has something for everyone: outdoor seating with a fireplace, drinks, bag toss games, and your choice of shade or sunshine.
ROC Ventures (“ROC”) is committed to our mission of providing a ‘return on community’ through the successful operation of our product offerings where we live, work, and play.
This outdoor patio Bartender position will be interacting with our guests to create an enjoyable environment and ensure that their needs are met. This position requires someone with a positive attitude, the ability to multitask, and who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a seasonal position with a target opening of April 1st and close immediately following the Halloween season.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and patio area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Be observant and think critically and efficiently.
- Skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
- Mixing, garnishing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to company specifications for guests at the bar and in the restaurant.
- Adhering to company standards for serving alcoholic beverages – checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Helping guests be aware of and choose menu items, taking orders and making guests feel taken care of during their visit.
- Keeping the bar stocked and clean while always providing friendly and attentive service.
- Work well with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Comply with all city bartending licensing requirements.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
- High school diploma.
- Additional bartending education, training, certificates, or experience is a plus.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.