A service manager manages the service department team and handles customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. The service manager ensures excellent customer service, maintains strong relationships with customers and third-party vendors and ensures repeat customers.
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and sales goals are met.
- Handling customer complaints or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Assisting with or performing administrative tasks, such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and tracking inventory.
- Auditing work and customer service to ensure the company's high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
- Maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and sales representatives.
- Helping to train new employees in company procedures.