Who Are We
An entertainment corporation, ROC Ventures manages a collection of twenty-one brands in the sports, entertainment, and real estate sectors – all showcased at our flagship destination, Ballpark Commons.
A year-round social hub that's active both day and night. Our amenities and programming are mostly anchored around sports and entertainment products that share our ambition for community creation. Ballpark Commons includes a stadium, indoor sports complex, golf entertainment, retail and office space, apartments, senior living units, hotels and more. We reach 700,000+ customers across Southeastern Wisconsin and strive to create inclusive, welcoming, and entertaining experiences for our customers.
ROC Ventures (“ROC”) is committed to our mission of providing a ‘return on community’ through the successful operation of our product offerings where we live, work, and play.
About Watts + Diesel
Located in the MOSH Performance Center at Ballpark Commons, our facility is curated to integrate synergistic performance, fitness, and wellness solutions in one convenient location. We offer a full line of science-based programs individually suited to fit our members lifestyle and achieve their goals—no matter their age, ability, and prior workout lifestyle. Tenants SCW Soccer Club and Prospect Training Academy, along with two professional teams, anchor 77,000 SF of integrated sports training turf within the fieldhouse.
Under the direction of the ROC Ventures Executive Chef, the Kitchen Manager will uphold the established culinary vision for the Watts + Diesel with an eye for quality, taste, and presentation. This position is expected to be a strong communicator, organized, and showcases in-depth knowledge of various cuisines, stations on the line, cooking styles, ingredients, equipment, and processes. We hope that you're an operationally creative professional with strong leadership and management experience looking to share their passion for food and nutrition by delivering an experience through the dishes they create.
Objectives of this role
- Enable a high-quality kitchen through excellent leadership.
- Ensure all kitchen staff perform their duties beyond expectations.
- Promote the Executive Chef’s vision for the kitchen’s culinary output.
- Expedite customer orders while upholding the restaurant’s quality standards.
- Communicate relevant, up-to-date business information to kitchen and bar staff.
- Influence process to run an effective and efficient kitchen while maintaining the highest food quality and controls for all dishes served.
- Manage staff schedules, payroll, kitchen set-up/ break down, production, prep is completed and staff wear proper uniform as well as disciplinary procedures are followed when applicable.
- Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen and bar staff.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production.
- Able to hire and train all stations in a kitchen.
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order.
- Ensure that food products and presentation are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner.
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications.
- Maintain Health and Safety standards set by local and regional government.
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met.
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years cooking experience in a fine dining environment and experience in a culinary leadership role preferred.
- Culinary trained and professional who is passionate and curious to develop and grow as a Chef.
- Experienced managing P&L's, labor, purchasing, vendors and quality control while providing results in revenue.
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests.
- Must possess consistent and stabile work experience & encompass the desire to operationally support the business as an individual contributor and leader.
- Must encompass Food Serve Safe certification and have experienced with local sanitation regulations.
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions.
- Must have experience calculating figures and amounts and performing mathematical functions to meet the business needs.